Spice up your Memorial Day Weekend with this cool and refreshing Blood Orange Sangria! It’s the perfect summer cocktail to serve at any outdoor event! Cheers!
Blood Orange Sangria:
- 6 Blood Oranges
- 2 (750ml) Bottles of Pinot Grigio
- 1 Cup Club Soda
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 12 Ounces of Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 Pint of Raspberries
- 1 Apple, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar for Glass Rimming
1. Zest one of the blood oranges and combine it with the sugar in a small bowl. Rub the sugar and zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
2. Juice four of the blood oranges, discarding any seeds. Chop the remaining blood oranges into pieces.
3. In a large pitcher; combine the wine, brandy, blood orange juice, club soda, apples, strawberries, raspberries and blood oranges. Stir well.
4. Place the orange sugar on a plate, then run a lemon, lime or orange slice around the rim of each glass. Dunk each glass in the sugar.
5. Fill each glass with a few ice cubes and add some of the fruit from the sangria. Pour the sangria into each glass and serve!
Resources via How Sweet It Is