Savor this lovely weather with a glass of this absolutely gorgeous raspberry rose fiz. This cocktail is so easy to make and perfect for a romantic date night or a fun night out with the girls!
Raspberry Rose Fiz:
- 1 1/2 Oz Gin
- 3/4 Oz Liqueur Framboise
- 3/4 Oz Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Oz Raspberry Syrup
- 3 Drops Rosewater
- 1 Egg White
- 1 1/2 Oz Sparkling Water
- Rose Petal for Garnish
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
Raspberry Syrup Prep:
- Start by making the raspberry syrup. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat and let cool completely (approximately 30 minutes) before adding the raspberries. I like to combine the raspberries once the syrup has cooled because you get a bright, fresh flavor, rather than a cooked, jammy flavor.
- Once you’ve added the raspberries to the saucepan with the syrup, use a potato masher to crush them to a pulp. If you don’t have a masher you can use a large spoon or the bottom of a glass.
- Pour the resulting mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp.
- Add the egg white to your shaker and shake for 10 seconds without ice or any other ingredients. This will help you to create the lovely light foam that gives this drink its silky texture.
- Once you’ve agitated the egg white, fill your shaker with the remaining ingredients, except for the sparkling water. Add ice and shake vigorously for a full 30 seconds.
- Once thoroughly shaken, add ice and the sparkling water to your glass and double-strain the shaker contents overtop. (I like adding the sparkling water to the bottom of the glass, pouring overtop, so that the bubbles incorporate throughout the drink without stirring.)
- Garnish with a rose petal and straw, and voilà.
Resources via: Honestly Yum