We recently booked a trip around New Zealand for some very special clients. One of them happens to be blogging about her travels with some amazing photographs, so we thought we would just share her blog post rather than trying to describe it to you ourselves! Because what is better than hearing it directly from the client?!
Check out her funny and amazing post packed with pictures here, and get ready to have major travel envy!!
Hellllooooo party people! So sorry that it has taken me this long to post… Internet has been extremely limited for the last couple weeks. Couple things: I am not a witty writer, so posts will contain mostly pictures. But let’s be real, everyone likes pictures more anyways, so this shouldn’t be an issue. Also, to really tap into my kiwi spirit, I will do my best to use kiwi lingo wherever possible… like ‘reckon’, ‘heaps’, ‘cheers mate’, and ‘good on ya’. Enjoy!
Mom, Dad, and I spent the first 4 nights in the Viaduct Harbor of Auckland looking for an apartment for me to live in during the school year. We ate tons of food and explored the area, going to Devonport across the bay, and Piha on the west coast. The Viaduct itself is plain gorgeous, and I found a place to live right on the harbor and only ten minutes walking distance to school.
Next, we left Auckland and began our two week journey around the country. First stop: Waiheke Island, where we stayed by the beach in Onetangi Bay and drove around the island visiting bays, beaches and especially wineries. Only word to describe the island? Breathtaking. And the pictures don’t do it justice.
Our next stop was a little town called Russel in the Bay of Islands. We drove four hours up the coast to stay in this quaint little town. We walked, hiked, went to the beach, ate a lot, and took a speed boat out to a “hole in the rock” and a cave (I was too scared to take pictures of that one, oops).
Next, we drove west towards the Waipoua National Forest to see the Kaori Tree. This tree is so perfect, that 98% of the trees on New Zealand were cut down years ago, and now the remaining 2% are incredibly protected in the Waipoua Forest.
Once again, the pictures don’t do these trees justice. They. Are. Huge. You feel like you have to whisper when you see them. We stayed at an adorable Bed and Breakfast just outside the forest, where I made some more friends… you’ll see…
After a night in the Lodge, we drove back down to Auckland and headed to the airport. It was time to say goodbye to our rental car, formally named “The Burgundy Beast,” and head to Blenheim and the Marlborough Wine Region in the north part of the South Island.
In just two days we went to 8 different wineries and tried at least 35 different wines. We also spent a few hours visiting a Word War I Aviation Museum and a nearby coastline.
Our last stop was a short 21 minute flight to the capital of New Zealand – Wellington. We went for one reason only… The International Rugby Sevens Tournament. The rugby was great, but more than anything it was one big costume party.
For you Gauchos reading this, it was equivalent to an Isla Vista Halloween weekend, but jammed into a stadium. And the rain didn’t stop anyone.
Wellington was our last stop, and we headed back to Auckland. I got settled into my apartment, and started school. Clint and Melis spent a few more days with me before flying home to Hermosa. And now it’s just me!
Cheers for now, mates!
To read this blog post in its original format, visit E Cooking Kiwi here.
For more information on visiting New Zealand, or to book your trip, contact Life:Styled today!